cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot install the "required" system update: tries, reboots, still on old version.

Highlighted
New Contributor

cannot install the "required" system update: tries, reboots, still on old version.

ZTE Firefox open phone. notification "1 update available, System update REQUIRED, 13.34 MB" Phone is on wifi only. click download...it does download 13+MB, uncompresses, then says "System Update Ready" "Install update now?" to which I reply "install now" phone reboots immediately....there's a "differnent" animation displayed during the boot, which leads me to believe the update is being installed. It then reboots normally. Settings --> Device informatoin and perform a "check now" for updates. The same notification as above arrives, same update (13.34MB etc etc.)

This has been repeated several times in the past 24 hours.

Tags (1)
17 REPLIES
Senior Contributor

Re: cannot install the "required" system update: tries, reboots, still on old version.

Hi,

Thanks for using FIrefox OS. Can you tell me what the Build Identifier is on the 'More Information' screen? (Tap 'more information' from the device information screen).

You can also take a screenshot (hold the home button and press the power button) and upload it to your question which would help us do a bit more debugging.

Also, what is the 'different' animation you see when it reboots?

Regards, MIchelle Luna

New Contributor

Re: cannot install the "required" system update: tries, reboots, still on old version.

I can't seem to access this as a USB device from my work laptop, nor can I find any files from a screenshot. I have USB mass storage enabled under Media storage.

But.. More Info:

OS Ver: 1.0.1.0
FW revision: v1.01.00.01.019.144
Hardwr revision:  p752d04b02
Platform version: 18.0
Build ID: 20130724040538
Git commit: 2013-07-23 19:05:27

The "different" animation appears after the first fox picture = the one where the tail doesn't animate... It's an orange background with tiny progress bar across the bottom and a spinning gear icon in the center of the screen.

New Contributor

I am having the same issue, does Firefox OS require your battery to be above a certain level before you can install the update?

The animation he is referring to looks to be an Orange Gear with a loading bar across it (bootloader maybe?)

New Contributor

I'm having the exact same issue with my ZTE Open. Download update, go through install, boot into homescreen, still says there is an update.

Found a video on youtube of someone with the exact same issue I have as well. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZEu9Bw-scI

Regular Contributor

me too, its like an infinite update loop that never can complete.

New Contributor

I sent a message to the seller on ebay about the issue and linked this thread. Hopefully it will get resolved shortly, I'll post an update if they reply.

Senior Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for the additional details, much appreciated. I found a bug for this (our dev team is aware of it) and sent a message to the Mozilla contact with ZTE about it to find out more.

I will get a help article posted about this tomorrow if someone doesn't beat me to it.

Thanks all, Michelle

New Contributor

It is now tomorrow, has there been any help article posted on this?

New Contributor

They probably have to get ZTE developers to fix the package file or something might take a little bit.