cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZTE Open update crashes

Highlighted
N/A

ZTE Open update crashes

Today, a new update appeared on my phone. I downloaded it and installed it. About a third through it crashed. I saw a Linux type screen with blue and yellow text indicating that there was an error in the update file in the SD card. I had just reformatted the SD card, reinserted it and the battery. Has anyone else experienced that?

Tags (1)
55 REPLIES
Senior User

Re: ZTE Open update crashes

Hi, I was able to download and install the update succesfully today. Did you get the blue screen resolved? Thanks, Michelle

N/A

No, I didn't. I restarted, did all the routine, but got the same blue/yellow screen

Senior User

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear that, so the phone is unusable? It won't boot?

Thanks, Michelle

New User

I had the same issue. The update seemed to install but then came up in the System Recovery screen. The error was: E: Error in /sdcard/updates/fota/update.zip (Status 7) Installation aborted. I rebooted the phone & it came back up OK, but no update installed.

Senior User

Hi jwnewell,

Thanks for your post about this,much appreciated. I had no trouble with the update, but I also have no sdcard installed.

Can you remove your sdcard and then try to do the update again? Let me know how it goes.

-Michelle

New User

Still doesn't work with the SD card removed. Still comes up in system recovery. Now the error is: E: Error in /data/local/updates/fota/update.zip (Status 7) Installation aborted. E: failed to mount SD card ..... Still able to reboot from system recovery.

N/A

Hi Michelle, I also tried the remove the SD card and then install the update. I had the same result, different error message, but no update. But then phone isn't dead. I can restart it and it comes back normal, but without the update. Michael

N/A

I just reset the phone completely. A bit of a pain, but it didn't make any difference. After the reset there were 7 updates. I got the same error screen.

Senior User

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me. Just to be sure, you aren't usb connected and you have plenty of battery while you're doing this? I assume those two things aren't the issue, but thought I should mention it just in case.

I will try to reproduce this with my other orange device and get QA to look into it first thing tomorrow. I suspect they might ask me what type/size sdcards you are using, so send that along if you can please.

Could you also tell me what it says under 'Build Identifier' when you go into Settings > Device Information > More Information?

I'll post back here with any bug that I file or more information when I have it. Thanks again for reporting this!

Best, Michelle