cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volume far too low, especially on youtube videos

Highlighted
New User

Volume far too low, especially on youtube videos

Phone: ZTE Open C Firefox OS 1.3 Problem: When listening to videos on youtube I'm straining to hear the audio at full volume. I've tried different headphones. The volume is louder on mp3 files but not much. Is this a hardware or software problem? Can this be fixed?

Tags (2)
19 REPLIES
New User

Re: Volume far too low, especially on youtube videos

Additional point: There is no volume slider anywhere to be found on the youtube pages when viewing on the phone, only a mute button, however, I know it isn't that as the volume is generally quiet on anything I play on the phone.

Site Moderator

Have you used the volume up/down buttons to toggle the volume?

Does this happen with any specific website either?

New User

I would have thought so! Lol! But thanks for replying in any case.

I do believe it's a software problem as there's something I forgot to mention previously, the volume of the radio is fine, I don't need to turn the volume up all the way to hear it, it's slightly overloud if I do. I can live with the max volume for mp3's although a bit more would be helpful in a noisy environment for example. The problem is Youtube. When I play youtube videos at full volume I'm straining to hear them.

Sometimes the volume warning appears and turns down the volume to a whisper, fine if I was Superman with advanced hearing but I'm not. Haven't tried any other websites yet. Will do so when possible.

Site Moderator

This is definitely a known issue and the engineering and developers are aware of the issue.

New User

That's good to know! I hope there's a fix soon :)

Site Administrator

Hi Syex, Thank you for your question. This is also happening in other apps. https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1024661 I filed this bug and it may be a duplicate. But if you could add an adb logcat file to the bug it would be helpful. Thank you!

New User

What's an adb logcat file, and how would I get it?

Site Moderator

You will require the Android SDK. You can view this: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Firefox_OS/Debugging/Installing_ADB to assist you with installing and for simple commands.

Site Administrator

Also ADB Helper in the Web App manager is a little more user friendly as well. To get started Using the App Manager and Install ADB Helper :-)