cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have set Gmail as application for mailto, but mailto: links don't work.

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Contributor

Have set Gmail as application for mailto, but mailto: links don't work.

I'm using FF 22 on a MacBook Pro running OS X 10.7.5. In Preferences>Applications I have set the app for mailto as Gmail. However, mailto links refuse to work. They generally open a blank tab. Gmail is also set as the default mail application for the system. That didn't help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Site Moderator

Re: Have set Gmail as application for mailto, but mailto: links don't work.

Try to delete the mimeTypes.rdf file in the Firefox profile folder to reset all file actions.

You can check the network.protocol-handler.external.mailto prefs on the about:config page.

If network.protocol-handler.external.mailto prefs are user set (bold) then right-click and Reset them to the default value.

3 REPLIES
Legendary Contributor

Site Moderator

Try to delete the mimeTypes.rdf file in the Firefox profile folder to reset all file actions.

You can check the network.protocol-handler.external.mailto prefs on the about:config page.

If network.protocol-handler.external.mailto prefs are user set (bold) then right-click and Reset them to the default value.

New Contributor

That was fast! Fortunately, I didn't need to mess with the profiles; resetting the prefs on about:config did it. Thanks so much, folks!