cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have done everything I can think of. Firefox(MAC) won't start PERIOD! Read all posts and FAQ's

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Contributor

Have done everything I can think of. Firefox(MAC) won't start PERIOD! Read all posts and FAQ's

Nothing is working. Can't find profile anywhere. Have uninstalled and reinstalled a dozen times. My disk is fine. Was working earlier today. I changed the privacy settings to clear everything after I close FF. That is when it started to hang. It won't reset or do anything all it does do is not respond. Please help. Mac 10.8.4

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grand Master Contributor

Re: Have done everything I can think of. Firefox(MAC) won't start PERIOD! Read all posts and FAQ's

no it is not seperate from regular firefox, you need to download and install firefox again, then try the profile manager method.

9 REPLIES
Grand Master Contributor

Re: Have done everything I can think of. Firefox(MAC) won't start PERIOD! Read all posts and FAQ's

New Contributor

The answer to your question is no.

If I understand this correctly my profile is not attached to the browser itself. I do not have FF installed at the moment. So it should still show up anyway right? Well I tried using terminal and it did not show up. So I do not know why it is gone but I did not move it or manually remove it either. I am stumped. Lost all my stored info I think unless one of you experts can help.

Thanks in advance

Grand Master Contributor

no it is not seperate from regular firefox, you need to download and install firefox again, then try the profile manager method.

Site Moderator

In Mac OS X v10.7 and later, the $HOME/Library folder is a hidden folder.

Open Finder and use one of these:

• Go > Go To Folder (Shift-Command-G) and in the dialog type: ~/Library
  • Open the "Go" menu and hold down the Option key to make the Library appear
New Contributor

Okay good news!

I was able to create a profile as well as have FF start up. However is there a way to recover my other info(ie. bookmarks,PW...)?

Grand Master Contributor

New Contributor

How do I find places.sqlite?

Site Moderator

On Mac you usually also have the Time Machine to restore files from in case your old profile is no longer to be found.

New Contributor

Thanks guys! Got everything back to normal. Now to back-up!!!!!!