cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you record calls on Firefox OS?

Highlighted
New Contributor

Can you record calls on Firefox OS?

I am considering buying a phone running Firefox OS, but Wikipedia says it prohibits recording calls. Is this correct?

It seems mental. I know it is illegal in some countries, but not where I live. And when you interview someone over the phone, it's useful.

5 REPLIES
Support Forum Moderator

Re: Can you record calls on Firefox OS?

Sorry, but Firefox OS doest have any App or native App to record calls.

New Contributor

Yes, but does the OS actively prohibit it? I can always port Call Recorder or write my own app, but if I have to build my own firmware first, I'll stay clear of the Fox ;-)

I apologise for not being sufficiently specific in my query.

Site Moderator

I'm a volunteer and order don't take my word for it but I think it's fine as long as you are not violating municipal, provincial/state and/ or federal laws of you who is recording and the other party as Mozilla is committed to being open and is fighting to keep the web open. However, I will escalate to the support help desk we have.. Please stay tuned.

thanks!

New Contributor

Cool, thanks!

And btw, only 4 % of the world lives in the US :-P And another 1,5 % in Mexico. The rest of us just have a single legislative organ, and in most places it's your right to record your own calls. I appreciate your help! I'm just frustrated at mobile phone companies handicapping their product, because of weird pratices in a tiny market share.

Site Administrator

Hi Rasmus, Thank you for your question, I have asked the engineers about this and will get back to you as soon as I can.

It looks like currently this is not possible because there is no api that exists for this yet. However, currently I found the media stream capture in version 1.2+ and has to have the apps permission referred to here: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/A.../Reference

Try it, but afaik nothing exists yet.