cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why am I getting this message: 403 - Forbidden: Access is denied. You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied?

Highlighted
New Contributor

why am I getting this message: 403 - Forbidden: Access is denied. You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied?

I just tried to access a website that I regularly access several times a day. However, this evening I received the following message: 403 - Forbidden: Access is denied. You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied.

I have never seen this before, and have no idea what it means, or how to access the site. Does it have anything to do with my security settings? Help. I belong to the site, and need to access it.

2 REPLIES
Site Moderator

Re: why am I getting this message: 403 - Forbidden: Access is denied. You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied?

Do you need to login to access that website?

Clear the cache and the cookies from sites that cause problems.

• "Clear the Cache": Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Offline Storage (Cache): "Clear Now"
  • "Remove the Cookies" from sites causing problems: Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
New Contributor

Re: why am I getting this message: 403 - Forbidden: Access is denied. You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied?

I am just trying to get to the website itself. Then, I could at least attempt to log in. The site in question is: http://www.authonomy.com. I appreciate any help you can give.