Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where did Bookmark all tabs feature go?

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Contributor

Where did Bookmark all tabs feature go?

I use bookmarks extensively. I particularly like 'bookmark all tabs' feature. FF 4.0 no longer lets me do this. I use this feature so much that I would stop using FF 4.0 if I can't have it back.

TheHague

Tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Support Forum Moderator

Re: Where did Bookmark all tabs feature go?

You can get it by either right-clicking on a tab, or use keyboard shortcut Control+Shift+D

14 REPLIES
Support Forum Moderator

You can get it by either right-clicking on a tab, or use keyboard shortcut Control+Shift+D

New Contributor

Unfortunately neither worked and I have uninstalled 4.0 and gone back to 3.615. Thanks for you response though.

Note on 09/16/2011>I do not know what I was smoking when I wrote that six months ago! I tried your suggestion and both work beautifully. I know this is some what delayed, but I felt it important to correct my comment. Maybe it will help others. Sincerely

New Contributor

I almost uninstalled and went back to Firefox 3 because they eliminated this option from the stock 4 version but there is a simple solution.

To "bookmark all tabs" in Firefox 4 and later versions just add the add-on feature at the link below which will restore the "Bookmark All" feature and can be accessed under the Tools menu, or directly by using the shortcut "Control-Shift-D" but this only works after you have installed the add-on feature. Hope this helps! Smiley Very Happy

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/bookmark-all/

New Contributor

Try using the MenuManipulator extension.

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=272717 After installing, and restarting Firefox. 1. open the MenuManipulator dialog in the Tools menu(May need to temporarily bring up Menu bar) 2. right click on the "BMB_bookmarksPopup" menupopup id 3. select New > Menu Item 4. enter label "Bookmark All Tabs" 5. move menuitem below the "Subscribe to This Page" menu label 6. Look to the right side of the dialog screen, right click on the right side of the MenuManipulator dialog(the “bookmark all tabs” line) 7. select Insert 8. enter attribute name "command" 9. enter attribute value "Browser:BookmarkAllTabs" 10. click OK

New Contributor

This will work for the more recent versions of firefox, I got it to work on version 6.

New Contributor

One suggestion:

For about 3 months, you could leave the option in the same place, but the behavior should be to display a message popup telling the "new instructions" for doing the task. After that, drop the option.

BTW I came here via google... but your internal search suggested unrelated help.

Regards

Support Forum Moderator

@diegobravo

That change happened with Firefox 4.0 which was released mid-March 2011, ten months ago, how is Mozilla supposed to gauge when a user has installed a Firefox 4+ version to make use of a 3 month "timer"?

If they had hard coded something like that into Firefox 4.0 to help with the transition from Firefox 3.6, it would have been removed in Firefox 5.0 which was released 3 months after Firefox 4.0 .

New Contributor

This violates a fundamental principle of good user interface design, because the user has no visible way to find this function. It is okay to *also* make a function available via a magic right-click menu or a keyboard shortcut, but that should *never* be the only way to access the function. The user has no clue of how to find it when it is completely hidden like that.

Site Moderator

Some menu entries in the main menu bar are hidden if you use the mouse and only appear if you use the keyboard to open the menu (Bug 626825).

You can see the difference if you use Alt+F to open the File menu or other menus like the Edit menu (Alt+E) and Bookmarks menu (Alt+B) and compare that to what you see if you use the mouse to open the menu after you have made the menu bar visible by tapping Alt or by pressing F10.

• "Bookmark All Tabs" (Shift+Ctrl+D) no longer shows in the Bookmarks menu unless you open the Bookmarks menu via the keyboard (Alt + B).
  • "Bookmark All Tabs" can be accessed via the right-click context menu of a tab on the tab bar.
  • "Bookmark This Page" can be accessed via the right-click context menu of that browser page.

See also: