cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whenever I open Firefox 4.0 Beta 6, and try to log onto websites like Hotmail, Facebook RuneScape etc. it won't let me... Help?

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Contributor

Whenever I open Firefox 4.0 Beta 6, and try to log onto websites like Hotmail, Facebook RuneScape etc. it won't let me... Help?

Whenever I open Firefox 4.0 Beta 6, and try to long onto websites like Hotmail, Facebook RuneScape etc. it won't let me... I'm finding it frusrtrating and annoying since I cannot use Firefox 4.0 Beta 6. It works on other accounts excluding mine - What is this crap rigged or something? I have to resort to crappy Google Chrome and Safari since it messed up on both of my computers... Here's what it says when I double-click the short-cut: " Could not initialize the application's security component. The most likely cause is problems with files in your application's profile directory. Please check that this directory has no read/write restrictions and your hard disk is not full or close to full. It is recommended that you exit the application and fix the problem. If you continue to use this session, you might see incorrect application behaviour when accessing security features. " Although, it says the way to help - Can you like, dumb it down for me?

ALSO, here's what it says when I go onto http://runescape.com - It says: An error occurred during a connection to www.runescape.com:443.

Can't connect securely because the SSL protocol has been disabled.

(Error code: ssl_error_ssl_disabled)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Site Moderator

Re: Whenever I open Firefox 4.0 Beta 6, and try to log onto websites like Hotmail, Facebook RuneScape etc. it won't let me... Help?

5 REPLIES
Site Moderator

Re: Whenever I open Firefox 4.0 Beta 6, and try to log onto websites like Hotmail, Facebook RuneScape etc. it won't let me... Help?

New Contributor

Thank you, that was really helpful.

Site Moderator

You're welcome

New Contributor

i'm sick with this problem

New Contributor

I use Chrome 10 to explore streaming content, it seems to work better than FF 3.6. But FF is my real browser. I will not install FF 4. until I get a better idea about my add-ons being compatible, so far they are not. Let those who like to dig into their computers work out the bugs, I spend way more time than I would like trying to configure and problem solve.