cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The status bar is missing after upgrading to 4 beta 7 from 4 beta 6.

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Contributor

The status bar is missing after upgrading to 4 beta 7 from 4 beta 6.

locking this old thread

The status bar at the bottom of the window was visible when I was using Beta 6 but after upgrading to Beta 7 it is now missing. I have restarted Firefox numerous times.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Support Forum Moderator

Re: The status bar is missing after upgrading to 4 beta 7 from 4 beta 6.

The status bar has been removed from beta 7 and replaced with the add-on bar. If there are particular features of the status bar that you want, you can use the Status-4-Evar add-on to add them to the add-on bar.

48 REPLIES
Support Forum Moderator

The status bar has been removed from beta 7 and replaced with the add-on bar. If there are particular features of the status bar that you want, you can use the Status-4-Evar add-on to add them to the add-on bar.

Site Moderator

New Contributor

Where did my reply go and the other helpful answers? It isn't nice to simply delete replies guys

New Contributor

Thank you. The Status-4-Evar addon works fine.

New Contributor

ok i have a smillar problem. I dont mind the status bar being merged with the url bur, but I dont see the progress bar under url / tabs (like i've seen in screen shots). Ive tried running it in safe mode and still no luck. how do i get my progress bar back? without using Status-4-Evar

FF4b7

Site Moderator

That feature has been removed because it caused performance issues (slow down and CPU usage). It may return in a future Firefox 4.x version, but not in 4.0. You can see a counter clockwise spinning throbber during the connection phase and a clockwise spinning throbber during the loading phase. That progression bar didn't give a real impression of the loading anyway, so it was deceiving and thus removed.

Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

JustJosh: you replied in a different thread on the same topic

New Contributor

For some reason, Mozilla has decide it would be a great idea to copy the #1 most hated internet browser ever that they were originally formed to provide an alternative to! this means that the"progress bar" no longer exists (though, I don't see why it really matters much), and instead, when on a page that does not load instantly, the URL bar will show a "progress" of changing colors.

New Contributor

Pity this change wasn't documented in the release notes. That would have saved me some head scratching and google-ing!