cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Statusbar not shown with 4.0 b7

Highlighted
New Contributor

Statusbar not shown with 4.0 b7

After installing the new ffox 4.0b7 the statusbar disappeared completely. Please help me to get it back!

13 REPLIES
Support Forum Moderator

Re: Statusbar not shown with 4.0 b7

The status bar has been replaced by the add-on bar in beta 7.

You can display it either by clicking on the Firefox button, selecting Options then select Add-on bar, or if you have the old style menus, select View, then Toolbars then Add-on bar. You can also right-click on a toolbar to get the option to display the Add-on bar.

New Contributor

The Bar use to show the page loading and then say At the far right "Done" Now It Just Is blank all the way across it????? Why Did you remove it?? I Know you can go to Tools, And right click on it and "Add-on bar", But it doesn't show anything any more!!!!!!!! Thanks For Any Help You Can Give All Of Us!!!

New Contributor

Same here. Add-on Bar is a subset of old status bar now showing only Add-ons not status of loading page or link info

Support Forum Moderator

The Status-4-Evar add-on can be used to add "Status Text", "Progress Meter", and "Download Status" to the add-on bar.

Support Forum Moderator

Link info now appears in the Location bar, and the loading progress indicator is a circular image on the left side of each tab, when the Favicon for the website appears the page is fully loaded.

New Contributor

Right-click near the top of firefox and make sure status bar is selected

Support Forum Moderator

s60152, there is no status bar in beta 7

Site Moderator
New Contributor

I have gotten used to most of the changes

Page loading is now easily seen and per tab, links are shown in the address bar, the arrow near the back button is a right click...all good.

The one thing I can't figure out is where to see the progress of downloading a file without needing to have download manager open.