Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing "+" tabs to open new tab.

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Contributor

Missing "+" tabs to open new tab.

Just installed FF 4RC1 on Win 7; nice, and seems much faster. One minor thing has me a bit perplexed: I'm missing the small "+" tabs at the end of each tab that are used to open a new tab. I just have the "new tab" icon on the toolbar. I installed also on my wife's Win 7 computer and the small "+" tabs are shown on hers. Can't seem to find an option that would control this. Anyone know the answer to this little puzzle?

Mack

Tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Support Forum Moderator

Re: Missing "+" tabs to open new tab.

Drag the new tab button into the tab bar. Firefox 4 has a much more customizable interface, but also streamlined so that there is only button for elements such as new tab now. If you want both there might be an extension that will allow for that setup.

15 REPLIES
Regular Contributor

If there is no "+" at the right end of your row of open tabs, you should find a "+" at the very far right of the tab row to "Open New Tab"'

New Contributor

Yes, I misspoke. I do not have the "+" at all. However, my wife's install does indeed have the "+" at the far right. I do have a "new tab" icon, consisting of a tab image with a "+" on it. She does not have that icon, nor is it available in the toolbar customization. Weird.

Mack

Support Forum Moderator

Drag the new tab button into the tab bar. Firefox 4 has a much more customizable interface, but also streamlined so that there is only button for elements such as new tab now. If you want both there might be an extension that will allow for that setup.

New Contributor

That worked. Thanks! I just personally prefer the little "+" tab.

New Contributor

Where do I find the 'new tab' button to drag onto my toolbar? I have the 'new tab' + when I have more than one tab open; that's great. But if I've only one tab open, I don't have a button at all--and no theme I've used yet for 4 has that button available in the 'customize toolbar' menu. Help and thanks in advance--

Support Forum Moderator

Tools > Options > Tabs = Always show the tab bar

New Contributor

Where do I go to find the missing new tab button so that I can drag it to where I want it? It is not on any of the toolbars. It is not on the menubar. It is not on the tab bar. If I click on a toolbar or the menubar and select "customise" it is not there. And that should be a bug fix: the word is spelled "customize".

A new profile with no extensions installed has the same problem. Four days ago I got a brand new computer that had never had Mozilla on it before: same problem with a fresh Mozilla 4.0 install and no extensions.

New Contributor

Figured out how to get the new tab button back:

1.) Uninstall Moz 4.0

2.) Install Moz 3.6.3

3.) Customize the menubars and toolbars - including putting the new tab button where you want it.

4.) Install/upgrade to Moz 4.0

New Contributor

Thank you. That did it for me.

To others with the same issue I would also add that double-clicking on any empty space in the Tab Bar also opens a new, blank tab.