cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't install firefox 4 (do nothing after "extracting") and 3.6 starts slow

Highlighted
New User

I can't install firefox 4 (do nothing after "extracting") and 3.6 starts slow

about a week or two, firefox 3.6 starting to have a 20 seconds start... (not all the time). I decide to try firefox 4, but when I execute the installer, start to extracting, but the window close and nothing happens. any idea? Thanks

Sorry about my english

5 REPLIES
New User

Re: I can't install firefox 4 (do nothing after "extracting") and 3.6 starts slow

Hi, I had the same problem, and I have the solution !

Download WinRar, install it, and then, right click on your FireFox 4 RC1.exe -> Extract the files -> OK. It will create a folder call FireFox 4 RC1, go into it, and you'll see 2 folders (core and win32 - If you have W7 32 =p), and a setup.exe. Double click on it and you'll be able to install FireFox 4 ;-)

New User

Re: I can't install firefox 4 (do nothing after "extracting") and 3.6 starts slow

I had exactly the same problem but here is what worked for me:

1. Locate FireFox installation file 2. Run as Administrator

And this should work nicely! I hope this helps.

New User

Share4Fun: Thank you, thank you, thank you! I've been fighting with this same problem for 3 days. I read your answer, but it didn't click until today. I downloaded and installed 7-zip (open source), ran it, and was able to extract and install Firefox 5.0.

New User

I had a same prob. How about you try right-click the installer then click RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR. It works for me

New User

This solution worked for me. Go to Safe Mode (press F8 repeatedly when starting your computer) and then you will be able to install Firefox without any problems! You can also uninstall Chrome easily using this method.