cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make Firefox save bookmarks automatically to "bookmarks menu" instead of "unsorted bookmarks" ?

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Contributor

How to make Firefox save bookmarks automatically to "bookmarks menu" instead of "unsorted bookmarks" ?

When I click on the star to bookmark a webpage, it goes to "Unsorted Bookmarks" so I have to move it manually to "Boomarks Menu", which is annoying. Is there a way to set a default folder?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Support Forum Moderator

Re: How to make Firefox save bookmarks automatically to "bookmarks menu" instead of "unsorted bookmarks" ?

No there isn't, but you can double-click the star to get the dialog where you can select a folder for the new bookmark.

7 REPLIES
Support Forum Moderator

Re: How to make Firefox save bookmarks automatically to "bookmarks menu" instead of "unsorted bookmarks" ?

No there isn't, but you can double-click the star to get the dialog where you can select a folder for the new bookmark.

New Contributor

ok thanks

Site Moderator

• If you use "Bookmarks > Bookmark This Page" (Ctrl + D) then the bookmarks go to the Bookmarks Menu folder by default.
  • If you click the star on the location bar then the bookmarks go to the Unsorted folder.
New Contributor

PLEASE GIVE US AN OPTION TO MAKE BOOKMARKS SAVE TO "BOOKMARKS MENU" WHEN CLICKING THE STAR ONCE.

New Contributor

YES!!! Absolutely give us the option to automatically save to the BOOKMARK MENU when you double click the star in the address bar!!

I cannot believe this is not possible. Firefox makes it so easy to save a bookmark by double clicking on the star in the address bar.... BUT...... it's half-assed. My Lord.

New Contributor

I also suggest Firefox change the default action of the yellow star to save bookmarks to the BOOKMARK MENU with a single click.

I do not understand the reason to send bookmarks to the UNSORTED BOOKMARKS section, where they will not be immediately visible when seeking them through the grey star.

Site Moderator

hello, this is a support forum - we are mostly users and volunteers helping other users, so developers lilkely won't find your suggestions here. if you want to give feedback, please use this form: http://input.mozilla.org/feedback