Firefox sync to Android has never worked. Works OK between 2 desktops. Have added and paired devices.
Just recently installed Firefox 18.0.2 (to SD Card) on my HTC Evo Shift, Android 2.3.4.
- Successfully setup Sync on my Windows XP SP3 desktop, Firefox 18.0.2.
- Setup sync on my Android, entered code, synced, etc. - Sync data never shows up on my Android.
- Successfully setup Sync on remote desktop PC, Windows XP SP3, Firefox 18.0.2 - WORKS PERFECT!!
- Master passwords are turned off.
- Setup of remote desktop was after Android sync not working as a way to test if sync data and sync server was working OK for my sync account.
Have deleted Android device and re-paired. Have removed sync data and replaced (Sync All Now).
I have 20mb free on phone memory (almost always says low memory). Have NOT tried installing Firefox to phone (internal) memory. FYI, still using Dolphin Browser but would like to delete once my sync data comes over.
Any assistance or advice is appreciated. FWIW, I'm an IT guy and have been through almost all the posts and troubleshooting steps.
Re: Firefox sync to Android has never worked. Works OK between 2 desktops. Have added and paired devices.
Known problem, but Mozilla can't solve this. The sync problem started after firefox for android 10.0.5, when they moved the sync function from firefox to android. After this move it never worked again.
I'm still testing every version, but after each test I move back to 10.0.5 again, as this version works. (altho adding account to your sync account requires the newest version to work)