cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firefox keeps crashing my Video card driver... Is there any reason for this? And is there anything I can do to stop it from happening?

Highlighted
New Contributor

Firefox keeps crashing my Video card driver... Is there any reason for this? And is there anything I can do to stop it from happening?

The problem keeps surfacing every time I use the browser. Around 1-2 times per session. It causes the screen to become unresponsive, and soon after it blacks out for about a second or so. Once it comes back I get a message saying that my Display driver has become unresponsive, but has recovered. Firefox continues to work, but sometimes the upper right row of buttons (minimize, maximize, close) either disappears or ceases to work. Never have had a similar problem before with any other browser or application.

1 REPLY
Site Moderator

Re: Firefox keeps crashing my Video card driver... Is there any reason for this? And is there anything I can do to stop it from happening?

Disable Tools > Options > Advanced : General: Browsing: [ ] "Use hardware acceleration when available"