cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firefox 4 won't let me organize my bookmarks.

Highlighted
New User

Firefox 4 won't let me organize my bookmarks.

When I try to organize my bookmarks. Nothing happens.

22 REPLIES
New User

Re: Firefox 4 won't let me organize my bookmarks.

try ctrl+shift+b

tested in firefox 4 beta 7

-dubby

Site Moderator

This can also be a problem with the file places.sqlite that stores the bookmarks and the history.

New User

Many thanks. I couldn't find the menu anywhere in FF4. Didn't feel that I should need to load a 3rd party sync app to get the job done.

New User

Does anyone know if there is a similar trick to organize bookmarks on a Mac?

Site Moderator
New User

Try Command-shift-b on OS X

I don't know why the "Organize Bookmarks" doesn't show up under Bookmarks when you click on it, but it doesn't. Even when you try "Help" it tells you to click on "Organize Bookmarks" under "Bookmarks." It looks like an oversight to me. But such an obvious one.

New User

I've just tried Command-shift-b on OS X with FF 4 and it does give me the window for organising bookmarks but when I click on the little sun icon (or whatever it is) to bring up the new folder, new bookmark, etc. menu, it is all greyed out. I also found that the help feature just tells me to click on "Organise bookmarks" under "Bookmarks". Any other suggestions?

New User

Thanks -- ctrl+shift+b works. But I am incredibly irritated that I now must press 3 keys AND remember which keys to press, instead of simply clicking the mouse on an easy-to-find tab. Is the old "Organize Bookmarks" menu item really gone for good? Can the FF4 designers be that stupid??

New User

It has just been renamed Show All Bookmarks