cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I the only one that can't watch videos on Youtube, and Vkontakte on the new Firefox beta 7?

Highlighted

Am I the only one that can't watch videos on Youtube, and Vkontakte on the new Firefox beta 7?

I can't watch embedded videos on Youtube, Vkontakte, Daily Show or anywhere. I can just see the image but I can't see the video.

27 REPLIES
N/A

Re: Am I the only one that can't watch videos on Youtube, and Vkontakte on the new Firefox beta 7?

Hey,

go to Tools > Add-ons | Plugins tab.

Is Flash player installed?

Cheers,

Tobbi

Re: Am I the only one that can't watch videos on Youtube, and Vkontakte on the new Firefox beta 7?

Thanks for the reply.

yes, it's installed

Flash 10.0.45

This is what is see, in the second image, i can just see the image but i can't click play.

Screen_shot_2010-11-11_at_2.01.33_PM.png Screen_shot_2010-11-11_at_1.59.22_PM.png
New User

how to get beta 7? i am on 3.x latest one.

New User

Dear Firefox Team,

Thanks for making such a wonderful browser...

I too have the same problem. It just run any videos just fine with the previous beta 6. I'm running mac os x 10.6.4 with 64 bits kernel enabled.

Site Moderator

Make sure that you have the latest version of the Flash Player (10.1 r102).

New User

The problem is solved after I'm upgrading my OS X to 10.6.5. I wonder whether the upgrade or the restart that cure the problem since I haven't restart it for a month, Smiley Wink.

New User

I'm having this problem as well. I'm fully updated to OSX 10.6.5, fully updated to flash 10.1.102.64, and running beta 7. I just get a black box when I visit sites like Youtube and no video or image at all. Every site I've visited on this machine that uses flash seems to have a problem (for example, on nvidia.com, the "Choose your location" flash intro doesn't play).