Firefox wont restore last session tabs, resotre tab and remember history are turn on.
im used to be able to open firefox and all tabs restore correctly, but as of right now this function dont seem to work, i've attempt to disable and re-enable function and it's unsuccessfully, i dont want to fresh install FF, but tried install FF Nightly and it's reopen tabs just fine. what's wrong with main versions?
Modified by cor-el
All Replies (1)
You can check this article.
In case you use "Clear history when Firefox closes" or otherwise clear history.
- do not clear the "Browsing history"
- Settings -> Privacy & Security
Firefox will: "Use custom settings for history":
[X] "Clear history when Firefox closes" -> Settings
- using "Clear history when Firefox closes" in Firefox 102+ honors exceptions and keeps cookies with an allow exception, previous versions removed all cookies
- clearing "Site settings" clears exceptions for cookies, images, pop-up windows, and software installation and exceptions for passwords and other website specific data
Are the files in the sessionstore-backups folder being updated ?
You will normally find these files in the sessionstore-backups folder:
- previous.jsonlz4 (cleanBackup: copy of sessionstore.jsonlz4 from previous session that was loaded successfully)
- recovery.jsonlz4 (latest version of sessionstore.jsonlz4 written during runtime)
- recovery.baklz4 (previous version of sessionstore.jsonlz4 written during runtime)
- upgrade.jsonlz4-<build_id> (backup created during an upgrade of Firefox)
You can copy a file from the sessionstore-backups folder to the main profile and rename the file to sessionstore.jsonlz4 to replace the current file with Firefox closed.
- make sure to backup the current sessionstore.jsonlz4
You can look at this tool to inspect a compressed jsonlz4 sessionstore file. This tool works locally, no uploading done.