Firefox 18 no longer works with Schubert PDF Browser Plugin.
I recently updated to Firefox 18 and since that time, the latest version of Schubert PDF Browser Plugin does not work
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe® Acrobat® Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 10.1.5
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Extension Manager is installed on this machine.
- Java Plug-In 2 for NPAPI Browsers
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.6.8
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Coupons Inc., Coupon Printing FireFox Plugin
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- View PDF documents within your web browser.
- AmazonMP3DownloaderPlugin 1.0.16
- Plugin for Wacom tablets.
- RealPlayer Plugin
- Shopping InContext 33
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- Office Live Update v1.0
- npmnqmp 071803000001
- Coupons Inc Mac Safari Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.8; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Make sure that plugin is enabled.
- type about:addons in URL and extension > choose the plugin and make sure that plugin is enabled and updated.
The plug-in was in fact still enabled and was never disabled.
- Quit Firefox
- Remove the QuickTime Plugin from /Library/Internet Plug-ins (move it -- don't delete it)
- Start Firefox and load any PDF. They should now be handled by the Schubert PDF plug-in)
- Quit Firefox (not sure if this is necessary)
- Move the QuickTime Plugin back to the Internet Plug-ins folder.
We have received numerous reports from our customers using Firefox 18 for Mac that the Schubert PDF Browser Plugin does not work.
Is there a different PDF Browser Plugin that will wok with it and work well with all websites?
Firefox has PDF viewer inbuilt
If Firefox has a PDF viewer built in then it doesn't appear to be working in Firefox 18 for Mac. Our users are complaining that they are simply being shown the file path of our DLL and not the PDF that streams as an application/PDF from that DLL.
They may be using some content or ad blocking extensions if they do not get the file.
I assume that the DLL runs server side and is used to retrieve a specific document.
Checking the server logs should confirm that you get a request to retrieve a non existing file.