Denna tråd har arkiverats. Ställ en ny fråga om du behöver hjälp.
Firefox opens but no screen
When I try to open Firefox from a Win 10 start panel I show no "about:blank" screen and no indication of being open in the start panel. However Task Manager shows Firefox running. This happens roughly 2/3 of the time, not every time. I have to end process in Task Manager and retry opening Firefox. I'm running latest autoupdate version of Firefox...same with Win 10.
Alla svar (1)
Try to start Firefox in Safe Mode to see if that works.
- Windows: hold down the Shift key while starting Firefox
- Mac: hold down the Options key while starting Firefox
Try to start Firefox with the about:blank page by creating a copy of the current Firefox desktop shortcut. Add a space and -url "about:blank" to the target field in the Properties.
Do a clean reinstall of the current Firefox release and delete the Firefox program folder before installing a fresh copy of the current Firefox release.
- download the Firefox installer and save the file to the desktop
If possible uninstall your current Firefox version to cleanup the Windows Registry and settings in security software.
- do NOT remove "personal data" when you uninstall the current Firefox version, because this will remove all profile folders and you lose personal data like bookmarks and passwords including data in profiles created by other Firefox versions
Remove the Firefox program folder before installing that newly downloaded copy of the Firefox installer.
- (64 bit Firefox) "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\"
- (32 bit Firefox) "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\"
- it is important to delete the Firefox program folder to remove all the files and make sure there are no problems with files that were leftover after uninstalling
Your personal data like bookmarks is stored in the Firefox profile folder, so you won't lose personal data when you uninstall and reinstall or update Firefox, but make sure NOT to remove personal data when you uninstall Firefox as that will remove all Firefox profile folders and you lose your personal data.
If you keep having problems then create a new profile to test if your current profile is causing the problem.