How to switch from 32-bit to 64-bit Firefox
The 64-bit version of Firefox can provide better performance than the 32-bit version. Want to switch to the 64-bit version of Firefox? Just install the 64-bit version and uninstall the 32-bit version. Your Firefox user data (passwords, bookmarks, settings, extensions and themes, etc.) will not be removed.
- 64-bit Firefox requires a 64-bit version of Windows 7 or higher. To find out if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows, visit this Microsoft help page.
Follow these steps to switch to 64-bit Firefox:
- Go to this Mozilla Firefox download page and click on the Windows 64-bit download link.
- Run the setup file you've just downloaded and follow the prompts to install the 64-bit version of Firefox.
- Close Firefox.
- Now it's time to remove the 32-bit version. Open the Windows . Open the panel, then select the tab. panel menu and click on
- Scroll down the list of appsprograms until you find the Mozilla Firefox item that contains x86 in the name. Select it, and click .
- Follow the prompts in the Uninstall Wizard to complete the removal of the 32-bit version.