Why is the tab name showing the old file type when I try to download a pdf from our wordpress sites?
We have two wordpress sites. On each site we have uploaded some pdf files that viewers can download. I noticed that when you try to download a pdf file the tab name that appears when you click "Download" is not the same as the filename. For instance: when I try to download a pdf file titled "Weekly Retail Skeptic". In firefox - the tab name will say "Microsoft Word - Note_2013_0523_Skeptic - Note_0523_Skeptic.pdf". It seems like the browser is reading what the file was before it was converted to a pdf.
I have tried both "print to pdf" in word as well as converting the word document to a pdf document using Acrobat.
Додатни детаљи о систему
- Кориснички агент: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/27.0.1453.116 Safari/537.36
Many site issues can be caused by corrupt cookies or cache. In order to try to fix these problems, the first step is to clear both cookies and the cache. Note: This will temporarily log you out of all sites you're logged in to. To clear cache and cookies do the following:
- Go to Firefox > History > Clear recent history or (if no Firefox button is shown) go to Tools > Clear recent history.
- Under "Time range to clear", select "Everything".
- Now, click the arrow next to Details to toggle the Details list active.
- From the details list, check Cache and Cookies and uncheck everything else.
- Now click the Clear now button.
Further information can be found in the Clear your cache, history and other personal information in Firefox article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!