Security and passwords settings
This article explains the settings available in the Security panel of the Firefox OptionsPreferences window.
The Security panel contains optionspreferences related to keeping your web browsing safe.
- Warn me when sites try to install add-ons: Firefox will always ask you to confirm installations of add-ons. To prevent unrequested installation prompts which may lead to accidental installations, Firefox warns you when a website tries to install an add-on and blocks the installation prompt. To allow installations from a specific site, click , enter the site name, and click . Uncheck this to disable the warning for all sites.
- Block reported attack sites: Check this if you want Firefox to check whether the site you are visiting may be an attempt to interfere with normal computer functions or send personal data about you to unauthorized parties over the Internet.
- Note that the absence of a warning does not guarantee that a site is trustworthy.
- Block reported web forgeries: Check this if you want Firefox to actively check whether the site you are visiting may be an attempt to mislead you into providing personal information (this is often referred to as phishing).
- Note that the absence of a warning does not guarantee that a site is trustworthy. For more information, see How does built-in Phishing and Malware Protection work?.
- Remember passwords for sites: Firefox can securely save passwords you enter in web forms to make it easier to log on to websites. Clear this checkbox to prevent Firefox from remembering your passwords.
- Even with this checked, however, you'll still be asked whether to save passwords for a site when you first visit it. If you select , that site will be added to an exceptions list. To access that list or to remove sites from it, click the button.
- Use a master password: Firefox can protect sensitive information such as saved passwords and certificates by encrypting them using a master password. If you create a master password, each time you start Firefox, it will ask you to enter the password the first time it needs to access a certificate or stored password. You can set, change, or remove the master password by checking or unchecking this optionpreference or by clicking the button. If a master password is already set, you will need to enter it in order to change or remove the master password.
- You can manage saved passwords and delete individual passwords by clicking the button.
Ndajeni këtë artikull me të tjerët: http://mzl.la/1BAQHrx