What Is Wrong With Java? STILL NOT ANSWERED, PLEASE ANSWER!
So today (10 PM January 20th), the Firefox Plugin Checker said that my Java version was outdated. I also got a pop-up saying that my current version of Java at the time (Java 7 update 10) had vulnerabilities. So to try and fix this, I went to the Java page and downloaded the update (Java 7 update 11).
To check and see if my update was working, I went to Java's check page, as well as another page I use. And here I discovered a problem. I got a notification that an old version of Java had been detected, and another prompt to download the current version (which I had already done). So I erased all versions of Java from my control panel, and tried to check it again. And when I did, I got this: http://oi50.tinypic.com/35b6xx2.jpg and http://oi47.tinypic.com/15fg37p.jpg.
As you can see, both pages tell me that I need to install a missing plugin of some sort. So, thinking this would resolve the issue, I clicked the Install Missing Plugin button. This is what it told me was missing: http://oi45.tinypic.com/302uwbl.jpg. So I clicked next to install it.... and got this: http://oi45.tinypic.com/2cici0x.jpg, which I assume means that the plugin did not install. So I pressed Manual Install... and was lead/linked right back to the Java download page (where it all began, and what doesn't seem to be working in the first place)
I go to check my plugins again (Just to make sure and also for extra information), and it appears to say that my Java version is current (is that what "Java Deployment Toolkit 184.108.40.206" is? I don't know, I am not good at technology at all. Either way, here is what it looks like: http://oi48.tinypic.com/4kxzz4.jpg). So...if it is current, why is it not working (i.e. I am unable to play games, DO MY COLLEGE CLASSWORK, or play Java-based games)?
If it helps anything, here is what my control panel looks like in regards to Java right now: http://oi45.tinypic.com/2qlxu9t.jpg Am I missing anything that would make Java work?
And before anyone says that Java is not essential: It may be that way to you, but I need Java to do classwork for college. Veterinary college.
So, in short, what is going on with Java, and how can I fix it?
EDITEDITEDIT: I Have found that I can do my classwork without Java. HOWEVER, this DOES NOT mean that the problem is solved or over with. I STILL WANT TO KNOW HOW TO FIX THIS PROBLEM AND GET JAVA TO WORK. Even if I never actually need it, I would still like to have a (working!!!) Java version because of two reasons: 1) I would rather have such a program and not need it, than need such a program and not have it, and 2) aesthetics. Sorry to say, but I am very particular about how things look when it comes to my belongings, and the fact that Java is messing up is making me actually stressed. In short, I still want the above issue solved, even if it's just purely for the sake of Peace Of Mind.
Dodatne podrobnosti o sistemu
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 220.127.116.118
- Google Update
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 18.104.22.1687
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 22.214.171.1246
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 126.96.36.1995
- DivX Plus Web Player version 188.8.131.52
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- Unity Player 3.3.0f4
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Uporabniški agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
bumping this topic.... STILL NEED HELP SOLVING IT!!
Bumping this again. I am sorry, but this is important to me AND I NEED HELP WITH THIS ISSUE ASAP!
STILL HAVE NOT GOTTEN A REPLY. PLEASE ANSWER ASAP, AS THIS IS STILL IMPORTANT TO ME. COME ON NOW, I KNOW THAT THERE ARE PEOPLE ONLINE AND ANSWERING QUESTIONS!!
Both rude and impatient .....
Bump, as Java still hasn't been working..
Locking duplicate thread.
Please continue here: