When creating a new account on a website, it can be difficult to think of a unique and secure password. When signing up for a new account on a website, Firefox can generate a secure password for you.
To generate a new password
Firefox can automatically generate random, secure passwords for you when you're creating an account:
- Click the password field on a website. The secure password option will automatically display.
- Click Use a Securely Generated Password to fill in the field. Firefox will also save your new login for that site.
- If the generated password does not meet the website requirements, clicking on the password field will reveal (unmask) the password so you can edit it to meet the requirements.
- Click on the password field.
- Right-clickHold down the control key while you click on the password field to open the Context Menu.
- Firefox will generate a password. Click
- Firefox will save the password for this website in Lockwise. The password can then be retrieved to confirm the password.
To view and edit your passwords, see Manage passwords on Firefox desktop with Firefox Lockwise.