Revert back to older version
Sorry guys, i am disgusted with this upgrade. 29 does not seem like a good ui update at all. The menu bar looks really bad and so does the tab. Furthermore this does not solve my other tab issue i have either in another question i have asked.
How can i revert back to my last version with all my tabs/windows/history restored? I will do a system restore if i have to and then cancel all automatic updates. I honestly dont care if it gives me a bigger security risk.
Thanks for responding.
Ok so i still need to revert back to what im using now version 28. Also i found out when you turn off updates in firefox's options you should also untick "use a background service to install firefox updates." So how would i revert back to version 28 while keeping my tabs in tact?
IMO, the "Check for updates" option in the Options window doesn't work for me. I have set all app.update.url prefs to a blank value in order to work as a test. Please note that downgrading is not a recommended solution that is approved by Mozilla. You are doing this on your own. As for backing up your tabs, your open tabs are saved in the sessionrestore.js file in your Firefox profile folder
Continuing, You could just make a copy of that file, uninstall the current Firefox via Control Panel (important: Do NOT check mark the box to remove your current settings.) Once you've removed Firefox 29, simply download the Firefox 28 version using the Install an older version of Firefox link, download, install, and copy your sessionrestore.js file into the Firefox profile folder before opening it.
Bringing up tabs is there an app or something for firefox thats similar to google chrome's session buddy (it lets you save multiple sessions at a time and open up and your leisure to prevent it hogging resources)
Session Manager seems like a good alternative
This would all be so simple if they let you decide to choose between the new interface and the old one via a dropbox option or something, i dont see why so many people dont think of that, i guess it would be a pain to add that kinda feature though.
Please note that for users who do not like the Australis interface. they have reverted back using various addons which are located in the How to make the new Firefox look like the old Firefox article.
If this is all you need, please mark the solution. IF you have any further questions, please let me know.Čítať túto odpoveď v kontexte 1
Ďalšie informácie o systéme
Nainštalované zásuvné moduly
- Shockwave Flash 13.0 r0
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.25.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.29
- Version 126.96.36.19931
- Plug-in for detecting Nero Kwik Media.
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.3
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- Identifikácia prehliadača: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:29.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/29.0
Marc7 created a new thread, so best is to continue the discussion in that thread.