My Most visited tab now opens all sites when clicked. How can I change it back so I can pick the one I want?
my usual settings seem to have been removed. How can I restore them
Ďalšie informácie o systéme
Nainštalované zásuvné moduly
- Shockwave Flash 11.9 r900
- Google Update
- McAfee MSS+ NPAPI Plugin
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.8
- Picasa plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.7.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 220.127.116.116
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- MetaStream 3 Plugin r4
- Identifikácia prehliadača: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:26.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/26.0
Thank you for contacting Mozilla support. To better investigate what is causing this to happen, can you please provide a screenshot of where you are clicking and provide the following information:
- Where exactly are you clicking to open all of them at once?
- Does this occur in Safe Mode as well? Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode
Other useful articles for your issue: Customize the New Tab page Remove a toolbar that has taken over your Firefox search or home page [The thumbnails on the new tab page are missing - how to get them back]
Please let Mozilla Support know how this goes, and with that requested information we can provide more specific steps.
Looking forward to your reply!
Is the problem with the Most Visited "smart bookmark" with the blue folder icon, that usually appears on the Bookmarks Toolbar?
Of course Firefox should only open ALL of the sites if you choose the item at the bottom, Open All in Tabs. If all sites are opened just clicking the bookmark to expand the list, something is definitely broken.
Have you noticed this problem with any other folders on the Bookmarks Toolbar? If you don't have any other folders on the toolbar, we could test that later.
The above suggestion to test in Firefox's Safe Mode is a good first thing to try in this case, to see whether an extension might be modifying how your bookmarks work.
Make sure that you left-click that folder and not middle-click with the mouse wheel.
Quote: my usual settings seem to have been removed. How can I restore them
Could you elaborate on this to explain what you mean with this?
What settings did you lose?
Actually, I just discovered that if you "middle-click" a folder on the bookmarks toolbar (click the scroll wheel on it) then all of the pages will open in new tabs immediately. I assume you are not doing that intentionally. Have you noticed any other strange mouse behavior?
As usual, cor-el is way ahead of me!
Upravil(a) jscher2000 dňa
Thank you to all for suggestions. It seems to have sorted itself out, though I'm not sure what I did.