I had printing issues, which was determined to be caused by installation of Windows Internet Explorer Version 11 during after an auto update.
I began to have printing problems which may have been triggered when printing from the Firefox browser. I did not isolate the trouble with Firefox, but I did determine the cause was an installation of Windows Internet Explorer version 11 which was installed automatically on a Windows Update. I am running 64-bit Windows 7. I determined V11 was the problem by removing updates one at a time then printing from several programs I use like WORD, Excel, Powerpoint, Adobe Reader, Firefox, and Thunderbird. The symptom of the problem was that I could print fine once or twice, but then the communication between the PC and printer (Lexmark S405 b/g) became busy and no other print jobs would complete, even those from two other PCs (neither had V11) that worked fine for printing any print job before an attempt from the PC with V11. Once I resolved the problem to be V11, I did not try to isolate if it was triggered by any print job or one from Firefox, but I a little suspicion that it could be triggered by a print attempt from Firefox since I know I was able to print once or twice before the problem was triggered.
Ďalšie informácie o systéme
Nainštalované zásuvné moduly
- Shockwave Flash 11.9 r900
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.45.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.8
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- WildTangent Games App V2 Presence Detector
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- HP Product Detection Plugin
- HP Active Check Plugin
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- Identifikácia prehliadača: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:25.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/25.0
Thank you for reporting this issue. To make sure that the printing settings from Firefox are in order, can you please reset the printing settings in Firefox and try to print from there. The troubleshooting steps can be found in Fix printing problems in Firefox
Steps are below:
- In the navigation bar please type in "about:config"
- Acknowledged the "I will be careful, I promise"
- In the Search field, type print_printer.
- Hold down the Ctrl key while you click on the print_printer setting and select Reset.
- On the menu bar, click on the Firefox menu and select Quit Firefox
When you start Firefox again, try printing the page with which you had problems previously. Hope this helps, let us know how it went.