Táto téma bola archivovaná. Ak potrebujete pomôcť, založte prosím novú otázku.
Why will Firefox not download on my computer?
I have Windows, and have clicked the Firefox download button SEVERAL times....then I will click Run. It loads its 60 second thing and then nothing happens after that. I have gone to the support forums and tried all the other websites (ninite etc.) and suggestions for that and nothing works. Please help!
Všetky odpovede (7)
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
Instead of clicking Run, try clicking Save, and save Firefox to your computer.
Ignore the comment above, it has nothing to do with your problem.
Adding to what amitshree is saying, is it possible that you're just experiencing some network issues that are temporary? It might be worth going back to www.mozilla.org and download firefox again in a couple of hours. I don't know if we're having any server issues on our end, but it's worth giving it some time before you try again.
Thanks for your interest in downloading Firefox, btw!
Thank you! I've tried that and just tried again...but nothing.
Certain Firefox problems can be solved by performing a Clean reinstall. This means you remove Firefox program files and then reinstall Firefox. Please follow these steps:
Note: You might want to print these steps or view them in another browser.
- Download the latest Desktop version of Firefox from http://www.mozilla.org and save the setup file to your computer.
- After the download finishes, close all Firefox windows (click Exit from the Firefox or File menu).
- Delete the Firefox installation folder, which is located in one of these locations, by default:
- C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox
- Mac: Delete Firefox from the Applications folder.
- Linux: If you installed Firefox with the distro-based package manager, you should use the same way to uninstall it - see Install Firefox on Linux. If you downloaded and installed the binary package from the Firefox download page, simply remove the folder firefox in your home directory.
- Now, go ahead and reinstall Firefox:
- Double-click the downloaded installation file and go through the steps of the installation wizard.
- Once the wizard is finished, choose to directly open Firefox after clicking the Finish button.
Please report back to see if this helped you!
Thank you for trying to help, amitshree, but the problem lies in your #1 and 2 steps: FIREFOX SIMPLY WILL NOT DOWNLOAD TO MY COMPUTER.
It is possible that anti-virus software is corrupting downloaded files or is otherwise interfering with downloading files.
Try to disable the real-time (live) scanning of files in your anti-virus software temporarily to see if that makes downloading work.
Boot the computer in Windows Safe Mode with network support (press F8 on the boot screen) as a test to see if that helps.