Táto téma bola archivovaná. Ak potrebujete pomôcť, založte prosím novú otázku.
How do I completely remove Bing?
Out of no where, Bing replaced Goodle as my Internet browser on my Firefox. How did this happen and how can I delete?
Všetky odpovede (3)
Please do the following.
- In the location bar where you normally type in a web address, type about:config and hit Enter.
- If you see a window which says "This might void your warranty!", click the button which says "I'll be careful, I promise" so you can continue with the next step.
- In the filter at the top, type: keyword.URL
- Double click it and remove hxxp://www.bing.com/search?q= and replace it with http://www.google.com/search?q= and then click OK.
- Close the tab
The URL to add in "keyword.URL" becomes a link in this post, so right click it and choose "Copy Link Location" to copy it to the Windows clipboard. Then hit CTRL+V to paste it. Saves you having to type the whole thing.
To reset your home page, do the following.
- Go to the site you want to set as your homepage.
- Click the Firefox button, go to Options | Options | General.
- Make sure it says "Show My Homepage" in the first dropdown menu.
- Click the button called "Use Current Pages" to set the homepage to the one you have on the screen.
If this suggestion resolves the problem for you, please click the Solved it button next to this post after you log in into the forum. This will help others searching for a solution to the same problem.
Bing replaces Firefox (not Google, Yahoo or other) search?
Your answer may be something close to what I need but I’m not sure and don’t completely understand if it will solve this specific problem:
When I do a search in the FIREFOX search box, it automatically switches to Bing (replaces Firefox search). I do not belong to the Church of Microsoft and do not want to see Bing or MSN on my computers for any reason…………..ever! How do I completely remove Bing (all references to it of any kind) from Firefox?
I did this and it worked and I’m still confused. Before I downloaded Firefox, I was using Google Chrome. There is much I don’t like about Google so I decided to try a different browser (hopefully Firefox). The only thing different now is that I’m using Google in Firefox instead of Chrome. Essentially, nothing has changed. Is Firefox not really a browser? If it is a browser, I want to browse with it and not Google. Perhaps I completely misunderstand what a browser is. Please advise. Also: I have clicked on “Get Email Updates”, have posted several questions and received no email notifications. Is there something else I’m supposed to do to receive email notifications?