Why does my CPU processor usage max out everytime i launce firefox and stay that way even after i close it?
I can disconnect from the internet and i mean literally as in pull the plug. Reboot and my CPU processor usage acts normal. More when I'm dong something less when it's just idle. I plug the internet cable in and CPU usage maxes out (normal) then settles back down to about 30% (normal) I connect to the net using Firefox and CPU usage pegs out and stays there even after i shut down Firefox after that all my programs run slower. CPU usage stay's maxed out until i reboot. Then it returns to normal and all programs act normal (fast) Click on Firefox CPU maxes out and stay's there and everything slows down. Looks like to me like once you launch Firefox that it never stops running in the background. What are you doing gather up all my info and sending it off somewhere? I've run three different virus programs and two spyware programs against it and they all come out clean.But something isn't right so I am uninstalling FIREFOX till I get an answer.
Ďalšie informácie o systéme
Stalo sa to
Pri každom spustení Firefoxu
Začalo to, keď...
I don't remember it has been a while i just started keeping my CPU usage monitor open all the time recently.
Nainštalované zásuvné moduly
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.2"
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r152
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- Version 1.1.6, copyright 1996-2011 The VideoLAN Teamhttp://www.videolan.org/
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_18 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Identifikácia prehliadača: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20110303 Firefox/3.6.15
That does not sound like normal firefox behaviour, but there are a few possibilities, including malware, which you have already commented about. I suggest you look at the following articles which explain some of the reasons:
- Firefox uses too much memory or CPU resources - How to fix
- Firefox hangs or is not responding - How to fix - especially the section about hanging on exit
Firefox should not be using resources once you close it, but if you use your Task Manager you may find the process firefox.exe is continuing to run. Have you got downloads running, perhaps from security update checks for instance.