How do I enable Java in Firefox? Ubuntu 9.0.4 - firefox 3.0.19 / I followed Sun's instructions but they dont work
I have a laptop that I upgraded: ubuntu8.10 -> ubuntu9.0.4 java stopped working in yahoo bridge. (firefox = 3.0.19) I followed Sun's instructions putting the link to the correct .so file to java6u20 plugin but that did not help. I tried clearing cache. still nothing. I have another PC with firefox3.0.19 and there is no java plugin but there are two flash plugins (1 free, the other non-free) it is at ubuntu8.10 and java is working just fine in that firefox. I have followed all of firefox's steps for enabling java in the preferences dropdown. I can provide more details if you need them.
URL of affected sites
Look at these search results and see if you can find an answer:Čítať túto odpoveď v kontexte 1
Ďalšie informácie o systéme
Nainštalované zásuvné moduly
- -The default plugin handles plugin data for mimetypes and extensions that are not specified and facilitates downloading of new plugins.
- The demo print plugin for unix.
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45
- The Totem 2.24.3 plugin handles video and audio streams.
- DivX Web Player version 22.214.171.124
- The IcedTea Web Browser Plugin executes Java applets.
- Identifikácia prehliadača: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/2010040123 Ubuntu/8.10 (intrepid) Firefox/3.0.19
Error Console is install on both the working and nonworking firefox. (both firefoxes are at 3.0.19)
Look at these search results and see if you can find an answer: