Firefox bookmarks-list window (ctrl-shift-O) behaviors
1. topic Earlier i could edit my Firefox bookmarks in the bookmarks-list window and then i change my cursor to other place and Firefox (miraculously) saved that new modification of bookmark to bookmarks-list. Nowadays i can't do that. Actually, i can edit a bookmark but i can't save it? It doesn't happend so any more and there isn't any "save"-button? Now I don't know how i can save bookmark if i edit it?
Currently it seems to be only way to get new modification of bookmark if i browse to some web-address then save that address to bookmarks-list. After that you can remove the old, wrong web-address. But you can't get own headline text to your new bookmark?
2. topic This is long-time idea. I have lots of bookmarks and sub-folders in my bookmarks-list (library). When i add new bookmark to list and like to put it to some specific sub-folder i can use left side bookmark-tree to browse bookmark to correct place. When i want search e.g. all bookmarks which have string "Firefox", i can't see if they all are same specific sub-folder like i want to. I can see headline text and web-address but i can't see where that bookmark is in library. Could we get bookmark-tree-path somehow to search output? And, it would be nice if i could click directly to that sub-folder to see if there would be even better bookmark for my need? At this moment (and earlier also) keywords are the only way try check if bookmarks are correct folder. But almost always web-pages don't fill keywords. So you should do it yourself. The bookmark-tree-path would be much more useful info after use search to find some subject bookmarks.
Všetky odpovede (3)
1. topic If you have sync, and there is a problem anywhere, Shut Down Sync Immediately On All Devices to prevent the problem from spreading. Type https://accounts.firefox.com/settings<enter> in the address box. Once the problem is fixed, perform the same repair on all computers/profiles before using sync again.
[v57+] Places Maintenance is built into Firefox.
Type about:support<enter> in the address box.
You will find Places Database near the bottom. Press the Verify Integrity button.
If any errors are reported: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/fix-bookmarks-and-history-will-not-be-functional
The places.sqlite and favicons.sqlite files contains your History and Bookmarks. And it looks like they are corrupted.
Type about:support<enter> in the address box.
Under the page logo on the left side, you will see Application Basics. Under this find Profile Folder. To its right press the button Show Folder. This will open your file browser to the current Firefox profile. Now Close Firefox.
Locate the above files. Then rename or delete them. Restart Firefox. The browser should then create a new place.sqlite and recover your bookmarks from the backup files.
Note: Your history is not backed up and will be lost.
1) There should be a Save button at the bottom of the "Edit Bookmark" dialog, but it might be off screen because the preview image takes to much space. You can try to press the Enter key to see if that saves the changes.
Can you attach a screenshot that shows the Edit window ?
- use a compressed image type like PNG or JPG to save the screenshot
2) In Firefox 95+ you can right-click a bookmark in the search result list and click "Show in Folder" to go to the folder where it is saved. Unfortunately Firefox doesn't scroll this bookmark into view, so if you do not see this bookmark selected then scroll down.
@FredMcD I don't use sync, just local bookmarks. Everything seems to be OK after press Verify Integrity button.
@FredMcD, @cor-el 1) My firefox bookmarks-list editing worked again on library window! I was so surprised to say anything. So, what happened? Alpha particles or alpha radiation, maybe AI? It took little time to find out.
If you browse a bookmark from left side library's bookmark-tree editing works well and like it have done for years. But, if you edit some bookmark after search and bookmark is on the search-list then it seems that you lost your new addings when you click to other bookmark on the list? Actually you didn't. When you click back to original bookmark and use "Show in folder"-button you'll see what you edit. You'll see changes also when do same search again. So, it seems that search result-window don't have automatic rewrite function after you editing a bookmark but the library (or "manage bookmarks") window will save what you edit!
Well, i have to remember what bookmarks i try to edit yesterday as there can be much plaa-plaa-plaa addings ;)
Anyway, i screenshot library's "Add bookmark"-window, which have save-button. And when you are editing old bookmark -view, which dont have save-button.
2) Thanks. Your description about "Show in folder"-button helped understood it's operation and to find out this lost bookmark changes problem. If your all folders are on left side folders view everything is OK and you can see directly where is your bookmark location. But if you have much more folders you don't see them on one view and maybe you don't understand scroll list down. Like me. Anyway, it's hard to check if e.g. all firefox bookmarks are correct folder: Pick a bookmark, push "Show in folder"-button and scroll down folder list. Then do again search and do same to next bookmark on the list. And try remember differencies if list is long. It would be much easier if i could see folder-path directly after i choose bookmark?
Thanks both of you