After logging into my webmail.shaw.ca account on my PC (WIN 10), the loading screen stays on endlessly, on my android phone in Firefox gives me http error 400
It worked perfectly forever and with all the add-ons that I currently have installed. I talked to my cable/webmail provider for an hour and came up empty, emptied cache, history, cookies, re-installed firefox, works on IE and other browsers so it's firefox or an extension. I know that the web portal is acknowledging my login because I've tried to enter a wrong password and it doesn't allow me to get to the loading screen. I am able to switch to the html version of the site and do most things but I want the regular portal.
Thanks for your reply, I started firefox in safe mode with no add-ons enabled and tested them each alone. Only one extension caused my issue, "Dark eyes" was the culprit. I have alerted them to the issue.Čítať túto odpoveď v kontexte 0
Ďalšie informácie o systéme
Nainštalované zásuvné moduly
dark eyes, duck duck go privacy essentials, honey, disable web rtc, youtube enhancer,
- Identifikácia prehliadača: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:72.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/72.0
Does the error say anything beside HTTP 400 or Bad Request? Without a Shaw webmail account, this is hard to diagnose.
Also what is the regular option that isn't HTML? (Or by this do you mean something like text-only?)
This article actually has some decent troubleshooting steps: https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-fix-a-400-bad-request-error-2617988
For Firefox configuration and extension issues, you can try Menu → Help → Restart with add-ons disabled.
You might also try a new, clean profile (which would also cover and replace the previous test): Type about:profiles in the address bar and Enter. Create a new profile. (Do not "choose folder".) Scroll to the new profile and click the button Launch in a new Browser. Close the original window. Test your Shaw webmail login and page experience.
Thanks for your reply, I started firefox in safe mode with no add-ons enabled and tested them each alone. Only one extension caused my issue, "Dark eyes" was the culprit. I have alerted them to the issue.
That is... rather odd. Good hunting on your part!
You should mark your resolution post as the Answer. It may help someone else! :)