How do I edit the ID and password feed.
The password feed doesn't enter my ID on a two page login screen. I know it can but I need to edit the feed. How do I edit the feed?
Ďalšie informácie o systéme
- Identifikácia prehliadača: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:65.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/65.0
Hi DickMorrison, I'm not sure what you want to edit. If it's saved login, that's easy, but if it's a new login you want to add by hand, I don't think there is a way to do that.
To update a saved login, go to:
- Windows: "3-bar" menu button (or Tools menu) > Options
- Mac: "3-bar" menu button (or Firefox menu) > Preferences
- Linux: "3-bar" menu button (or Edit menu) > Preferences
- Any system: type or paste about:preferences into the address bar and press Enter/Return to load it
In the left column, click "Privacy & Security".
Then on the right side, scroll down to the Logins & Passwords section and click the "Saved Logins" button. Then click the "Show Passwords" button. Firefox will ask for your Master Password* if you've set that up.
* If you're not familiar: Use a Master Password to protect stored logins and passwords
If this username and password is stored in the Firefox Password Manager then you can double-click the name and password entries to edit these fields.
- Options/Preferences -> Privacy & Security: Logins & Passwords: "Saved Logins" -> "Show Passwords"
That was a great help. Thanks
All of your bullshit didn't answer the question.
My bank changed from a two page login to a one page. How do I change the password feed to do a one page login.
When you created the question you wrote the opposite, that your bank site uses a two page login.
It is possible that the field names have changed if Firefox doesn't fill the form.
Do you have "Fill Login" and "Fill Password" in the right-click context menu that you can use?
You can try the remove existing entries for this website in the Password Manager and let Firefox create a new entry.
If Firefox doesn't offer to store the password then look at this extension.
- Save my Password https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/save-my-password/
Best is to leave the extension disabled and only enable when you need to make use of it.
The saved login data for that site is all there and correct. The field is marked "fill password". I added the add-on Save-my-password as FredMcD recommended even though I had told him that the data was already saved. It didn't make any difference of course. I added a form filling add-on "Form Filler" by Hussein as someone recommended. That also didn't make any difference. I think I've tried everything and nothing works.
Hi DickMorrison, did you already try deleting the saved login and saving it again after the login form changed?
Can you post a link to a publicly accessible page (i.e. no authentication or signing on required)? That allows us to check the password field.
I will close (lock) the other two treads you created to keep to discussion in this thread, so please do not create new threads. I will remove the solution from this thread for now.
Upravil(a) cor-el dňa