Táto téma bola archivovaná. Ak potrebujete pomôcť, založte prosím novú otázku.
On my google news, the left hand side panel has text overlapping. I can see the content when using safari yet in firefox there seems to be a double menu overlap
I don't know where the larger shaded text on the left comes from.
Can you help? Hope so!
Go to FF Menu > Options > Fonts and Colors > Advanced. This problem will happen if 'Allow pages to choose their own fonts...' is disabled.Čítať túto odpoveď v kontexte 👍 1
Všetky odpovede (7)
Hi Carol Ann, is that this page?
Normally there are little icons on the left. What you are seeing looks like text that should be replaced by pictures from Google's custom icon font.
What we need to figure out is, what happened to the icons. Or more specifically, why isn't the custom font used to render the icons loading or being applied?
If you try to download the font file directly, does Firefox display a download dialog (you can cancel it if it does) or do you get an error page?
I guess before we dig too deeply, I'll mention:
When you have a problem with one particular site, a good "first thing to try" is clearing your Firefox cache and deleting your saved cookies for the site.
(1) Clear Firefox's Cache
If you have a large hard drive, this might take a few minutes.
(2) Remove the site's cookies (save any pending work first). While viewing a page on the site, try either:
- right-click (on Mac Ctrl+click) a blank area of the page and choose View Page Info > Security > "View Cookies"
- (menu bar) Tools > Page Info > Security > "View Cookies"
- click the padlock or "i" icon in the address bar, then the ">" button, then More Information, and finally the "View Cookies" button
In the dialog that opens, the current site should be pre-filled in the search box at the top of the dialog so you can remove that site's cookies individually.
Then try reloading the page. Does that help?
Thanks so much for your detailed response. I am not at all technically inclined, but my wonderful admin person, Adrianna is. She won't be here again until next Monday, but for sure she'll look at your responses and follow your suggestions then. We'll let you know if it works. Many thanks!
Go to FF Menu > Options > Fonts and Colors > Advanced. This problem will happen if 'Allow pages to choose their own fonts...' is disabled.
How simple it was to just choose "allow". Thank you so much!
You're welcome, carolannfriedom . I provide support elsewhere and just had someone with this problem the other day :-)
There is another cause of that problem; I don't find the solution for that searching here, so I'll post it for everyone's future reference:
- Type about:config in the URL box and pass the warning. - In the search box, enter gfx.downloadable_fonts.enabled. If the value is false, double-click the entry (or R. click > Toggle) to change the value to true.
Quote: There is another cause of that problem; I don't find the solution for that searching here, so I'll post it for everyone's future reference:
See e.g. this question:
- [/questions/1222020#answer-1123074] Icons next to emails gone.