Táto téma bola archivovaná. Ak potrebujete pomôcť, založte prosím novú otázku.
v57 cannot move, size, close - how to revert to 56
Autoupdated to v57.0 (64 bit). Now no border around window. Cannot move window on screen. Cannot expand/contract window size. Has top line (File, Edit, View......Help) but no controls in upper right corner to shrink, full screen, close panel. See jpg image
Všetky odpovede (8)
hello, can you try to replicate this behaviour when you launch firefox in safe mode once? Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems
Going thru the Troubleshoot extensions, themes, etc.:
1) Do Shift & bring up v57. (Firefox Safe Mode), now can move, expand, etc. Seems to work, except it always disables (unchecks) the Menu Bar. Must turn this on manually each time.
2) Turn Off Hardware Acceleration; this was off while failing. Tried turning it on, same failure. turn it back off.
3) Switch to default theme: Default was enabled (Dark & Light Disabled) turn on Light & Dark, same issue.
4) Disable all extensions, (Adblock Plus, Firefox Lightbeam, New Tab Homepage) Disable all, same failure
5) Plugins: (Shockwave Flash Disablled, Widevine Content Decryption Moduel by Google, and OpenH264 Video Codec by Cisco Sykstem) tried set all of them to Never Activate, same failure.
6) Unsupported: (Histogram Viewer & Passwords Plus (disabled)) All show already Disabled (no changes tried)
I have both v56 & v57 currently installed for testing. v56 works OK, v57 Fails unless in Safe Mode. Manually turning all Add-ons off does not isolate the issue. I can provide screen shots of this stuff if you need it. What else can I try? Thanks, G
Fyi: unfortunately 56.0.2 is no longer safe to use for every day use due to security issues, but 52.5.0 ESR is. It will continue to get security updates until May 2018, and you can download and install it from this page: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/organizations/all/ Note : Legacy Extensions will be deleted or removed in any version update after May 2018.
thanks for the detailed follow up. any change after you try to perform these steps?: go to the firefox menu ≡ > help > troubleshooting information, click on profile folder/show folder and close all firefox windows afterwards. a windows explorer window should open up - in there delete the file named xulstore.json - it holds the UI customizations & will be freshly regenerated again the next time you launch the browser.
Open V57, Menu> Help > Troubleshooting Information > then click on: Profile Folder is Open Folder Exit v57 delete xulstore.json Open V57 again Same issue.
Do you want me to try 52.5.0 ESR ?? I can always re-install 56.0.2 as I saved the installer
does a refresh do any good? (you'd have to reinstall your addons afterwards): Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings
The Refresh Firefox seems to work, of course I get to re-do the options and toolbars to what it was, but other than that, it looks good so far. Thanks George