Táto téma bola archivovaná. Ak potrebujete pomôcť, založte prosím novú otázku.
if i upgrade will my settings be brought along or do i have to back up and import?
in previous versions i always had to backup and import my settings & bookmarks to the new veresion do i still have to do this or will they be brought along and applied to the new version?.
Všetky odpovede (2)
How do you usually update Firefox?
On Linux, you may have two different paths to update:
(1) Use Firefox's internal updater, if you have the non-distribution-specific Firefox. See: https://support.mozilla.org/kb/update-firefox-latest-version
(2) Use a new package specific to your distribution -- I don't know how this affects existing files, but if you do not uninstall Firefox, I'm surprised that installing an update disturbs your settings -- you might check on support for your distribution for advice if you don't get a specific answer here
Firefox should find and reuse your Firefox profile folder automatically if you update Firefox. If you want to backup the bookmarks then you can always do that in the Bookmarks Manager (Library).
- Bookmarks > Show All Bookmarks > Import & Backup
You can try the Firefox version from the official Mozilla server if you currently use a version from the repositories of your Linux distribution to see if that makes a difference.
If you encounter issues with Firefox then start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions ("3-bar" menu button or Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem.
- Switch to the DEFAULT theme: "3-bar" menu button or Tools > Add-ons > Appearance
- Do NOT click the "Refresh Firefox" button on the Safe Mode start window