Just (re)downloaded firefow 64-bit for W8.1 and now I'm unable to view video on any sight (youtube, nhl.com, etc) What's the problem?
"The connection has timed out The server at www.youtube.com is taking too long to respond.
The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments. If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection. If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web."
I'm a HUGE fan of Firefox, in fact I've haven't used anything else for years (aside from using Explorer to re-download Firefox this morning). This is obviously a big problem though, so how can I fix it?
Thanks for any help you can offer, PG
Ďalšie informácie o systéme
Nainštalované zásuvné moduly
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.0
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- RealDownloader Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader PepperFlashVideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Shockwave Flash 14.0 r0
- Identifikácia prehliadača: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:36.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/36.0
hello prgc37, you original problem was likely caused by a fault extension that you have installed. can you try to reset firefox and see if this can address the issue...
otherwise such connection issues are also often caused by a firewall/security software which doesn't recognize & therefore blocks new firefox versions. please remove all program rules for firefox from your firewall and let it detect the new version of the browser again. Fix problems connecting to websites after updating Firefox
finally please also update your plugins (flash seems a bit out of date).
There is no Win64 version of Firefox from www.mozilla.org whether on Release or Beta channel. You appear to be posting with Win32 Firefox 36.0 as the WOW64 in useragent means it is a 32-bit application on 64-bit Windows
The earliest that there may be Win64 Firefox release is Firefox 37.0 in a first phase. https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/win64
There are third-party builds and you can build Win64 builds yourself.
36.0a2 was when 36.0 was on Aurora channel and 36.0a1 was when 36.0 was on Nightly channel.
Upravil(a) James dňa