firefox 32 back navigation does not work
The followings happen to firefox 31 beta 9; firefox 32 beta 8 .
If I want to save pictures or whatever , I open a new window and pull whatever images I want to save to the new window so that I can perform the saves consecutively, say I have pulled 20 images to the new window and starting saving images from the last page of this new window, so the next image to be saves will the second last page and so on and I should be able to go backwards 19 times back to the first image; but upto about 4 backward navigations , the browser stops working as in only "connecting...." appears in the title bar and the browser does not go backwards.
Also, the browser stops saving images (even for those on pages to which I was able to go backwards) , it always displays "unknown download time" in the download window (the traffic says 0 bytes/s, etc) and the image is never saved.
This problem is not site specific. Just using Flash player 10 plugin; Adobe PDF plug-in.
I am using Firefox 30 beta 9 now. No such problems.
What is causing these problems?
Also, why is necessary to reboot computer after install? What are these versions doing to the registry, etc??
Upravil(a) mmoxxy dňa
Ďalšie informácie o systéme
Nainštalované zásuvné moduly
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.03
- Identifikácia prehliadača: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; rv:30.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/30.0
To find the correct solution to your problem, we need some more non-personal information from you. Please do the following:
- Use ONE of these methods to open the Firefox Troubleshooting Information page:
- Click the menu button , click on help and select Troubleshooting Information.
- Type about:support into the Firefox address bar and press the enter key.
- At the top of the Troubleshooting Information page that comes up, you should see a button that says "Copy text to clipboard". Click it.
- Now, go back to your forum post, right-click in the reply box and select Paste from the context menu (or else click inside the reply box and press the Ctrl+V keys) to paste all the information you copied into the forum post.
If you need further information about the Troubleshooting information page, please read the article Use the Troubleshooting Information page to help fix Firefox issues.
Thanks in advance for your help!
There is unfortunately a regression bug in the current Firefox 32 beta 9.
You can create a new String pref on the about:config page via the right-click context menu. Name: browser.safebrowsing.appRepURL Value: https://sb-ssl.google.com/safebrowsing/clientreport/download?key=%GOOGLE_API_KEY%
Bug 1057764 - Download Manager regression in FF32 beta 9 update
Thank you for all the replies . I will give it a try. I have to reinstall FF 32 . I will get back to you as soon as possible.
Note that the Firefox 32.0 release will be released next Tuesday. The Firefox 32 RC1 build that is offered on the Beta update channel has the fix for this issue.
I will wait until next week then. Thanks.