Reset your Firefox Account password with Recovery Keys
Firefox Accounts uses your password to encrypt your data (such as bookmarks and passwords) for extra security. When you forget your password and have to reset it, this data could be erased. To prevent this from happening, generate your recovery key before having to reset your password.
You can use your recovery key to sign in to your Firefox Account to regain access to your data in case you forget your password.
Here’s how to do it:
Generate and store your recovery key
- Click the menu button and choose . .
- Click on the left.
- Click the Manage Account link to open the Firefox Accounts page.
- Next to Account Recovery, click
- If this option is not visible, add ?showAccountRecovery to the URL for the page.
- Click .
- Enter your password.
- Store your recovery key in a place where you won't lose it.
Reset your password with your recovery keys
If you forgot your password and need to reset it, follow these steps.
- Click the Forgot your password? link on the sign in page.
- Check your email and click the password reset link in it.
- Enter recovery key.
- Create a new password.
- Create a new recovery key.