This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
OPEN IN NEW WINDOW is not working
when I chick on "OPEN IN NEW WINDOW" all I get is a blank page; This was not a problem in MF3x
All Replies (2)
Start Firefox in Diagnose Firefox issues using Troubleshoot Mode to check if one of the extensions is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox (Tools) > Add-ons > Appearance/Themes).
- Don't make any changes on the Safe mode start window.
If it does work in Safe-mode then disable all extensions and then try to find which is causing it by enabling one at a time until the problem reappears.
- Use "Disable all add-ons" on the Diagnose Firefox issues using Troubleshoot Mode start window to disable all extensions.
- Close and restart Firefox after each change via "File > Exit" (Mac: "Firefox > Quit"; Linux: "File > Quit")
In Firefox 4 you can use one of these to start in Diagnose Firefox issues using Troubleshoot Mode:
- Help > Restart with Add-ons Disabled
- Hold down the Shift key while double clicking the Firefox desktop shortcut (Windows)
I was able to narrow down the add-ons Shareaholic and CoolIris Previews as the culprits in my case. If you have either of these, try disabling them. It solved my problem. My guess is not all add-on publishers have their stuff working in FF 4. In any case using the safe mode and disabling all add-ons, then going through them one-by-one goes a long way to fixing this issue...annoy though it may be.