This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Why don't my popup blocker preferences sync?
Firefox 59.0.2 Windows (64-bit)
"You can choose to sync the following types of information on your devices: " and includes
- Preferences: this synchronizes Firefox's behavior, such as download actions and pop-up blocker settings, across your devices."
My popup blocker exceptions do not sync.
I also found this bug, https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1269548 but it appears to require me to look at every related bug to see which ones do and do not work. A current list would be very helpful.
All Replies (2)
Sync will share Firefox data. Not the add-on's data like settings.
There are services.sync.prefs.sync<pref-name> prefs with a value true for each pref that is included in syncing preferences. You can set the corresponding services.sync.prefs.sync.<pref-name> pref to false to prevent syncing this pref.
- prefs that have a corresponding services.sync.prefs.sync.<pref-name> pref that is set to true will be synced to other devices
- prefs that have a corresponding services.sync.prefs.sync.<pref-name> pref that is set to false will be excluded from syncing
- if you want to sync prefs that are currently not included then create a corresponding Boolean sync pref and set its value to true
- services.sync.prefs.sync.<pref-name> (omit the <>)