Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More

A single internet radio site just started playing multiples of each song regardless of station (crashing Firefox): other radio sites work properly. Solution?

  • 2 replies
  • 2 have this problem
  • Last reply by Stormclaw1

more options

I have been using for some time without any problems. I can still use it on my laptop. However, just today one of my computers cannot play any music from any of the site's channels without getting an echo. All channels and all songs do it. When I press the pause button for the channel Firefox crashes and displays the crash report pop-up.

As a test, I have watched videos through Firefox from Youtube and Amazon without any audio problems. I have also played songs via Youtube without problem. All audio from my local hardrive plays correctly as well. I then switched to a couple of alternate radio web sites, and there are no problems. The problem is only on this one web site (internet-radio).

I did notice that on the detail list for the Firefox crash report that my Webroot antivirus is listed as a component in the crash. However, Webroot has no detections of any problems, either from a virus or from any event created when I enter the affected web site.

So, why does this only affect a single internet radio service? Is there anything I can do to correct it myself?

Thank you, Brian

All Replies (2)

more options

Does webroot detect any malware or unexpected web traffic when you are streaming audio? If so, you could whitelist it?

more options

guigs2 said

Does webroot detect any malware or unexpected web traffic when you are streaming audio? If so, you could whitelist it?

Thank you for the response.

Webroot continually scans all web pages I visit, but there are no unusual flags when visiting the radio web site. I have also loaded up Malwarebytes, and run a full scan to check for problems. I also have a trial version running along with webroot now. Only one detection by Malwarebytes, and the problem with the "echo" remained after quarantining the malware.

In addition, I rechecked my laptop, and found I was mistaken: my laptop is experiencing the same problem as my tower. Both are running Windows-7, but the laptop is 32-bit versus 64-bit on my tower. I think my next course of action will be to post a question on internet-radio's forums, as I'm now thinking they may have an internal problem there.