So, on my Firefox setup I use two extensions to circumvent website blocking in my country - one is an extension to make a specific website always available. The other is … (читать ещё)
So, on my Firefox setup I use two extensions to circumvent website blocking in my country - one is an extension to make a specific website always available. The other is AnonymoX which I use for general purposes.
A few days ago I upgraded to Firefox 71.0 as well as updated my Windows 10 to the latest 1903 version. Today I noticed that both extensions have stopped working. AnonymoX just doesn't work, whereas the other plugin, upon activation, says (translated) "Conflict detected! Proxy settings are controlled by a different plugin or cannot be set up" Trying to circumvent a block (and only then - unblocked websites work fine) now either redirects me to the ISPs blocking page, or alternatively produces a "Secure Connection Failed PR_END_OF_FILE_ERROR" message after a long TLS handshake. Running the same extensions in Chrome does not reproduce the issue - blocked websites become accessible as usual. The issue also persists for three different connections - a public wi-fi network, a private network and a tethered 4G connection, all served by different ISPs. Finally, I am not running any anti-virus software or firewall. Thus this seems to be a Firefox issue and not a system or network issue.
This also doesn't seem to be an issue with the country's blocking system itself because other users around me are still able to circumvent blocks using the same extensions and I am able to circumvent blocks using a similar extension on my Android phone with a local SIM.
Things I've tried so far: 1) Made sure that both Windows and Firefox are set to not use a proxy
2) Reinstalled the extensions
3) Created a different profile in Firefox. The extensions don't work in the new profile either, although the PR_END_OF_FILE_ERROR does not appear - I just always get redirected to the respective ISPs block page
4) Cleared all cache, cookies, site settings etc.
5) Deleted the cert9.db file and let Firefox recereate it
So far nothing has worked. I'm frankly at a loss here. I have half a mind to just reinstall Firefox altogether since this is not my main PC and losing bookmarks wouldn't inconvenience me on it, but figured I'd ask here before.