Thunderbird notified me of an update this morning, worked fine before that, I installed the latest update (78.6.1) and since then, the program starts with a blank win… (читать ещё)
Thunderbird notified me of an update this morning, worked fine before that, I installed the latest update (78.6.1) and since then, the program starts with a blank window and isn't responding anymore. Running Windows10 home 1909.
Since I've had this problem before after another update, I already tried the following:
- new profile, I completely removed all traces of Thunderbird files under my AppData folder (local, localLow and roaming), it does exactly the same with a completely fresh profile so the issue is not profile related. Everything after that has been done with a fresh profile every time.
- uninstalled Mozilla Maintenance Service, because last time I had this problem, uninstalling this service fixed the issue, not this time.
- tried safe mode, even with a fresh install it would load at least the menu this time before not responding.
- restart windows, several times.
- tried 32 and 64bit versions, tried 78.5.1, same thing, 68.9.0 started right away, but I can't use my old(new) profile with this one, splendid.
I've already wasted several days with this issue last time and this is getting reaaally frustrating, I don't know what changed the past couple updates, but this is getting worse every time.
Thanks for any kind of help.