Maybe we need a better workflow including "other questions"
will add info later
Initial update. No need to answer this question. Note posted in relation to /questions/972351 where I posted
You seem to have demonstrated a flaw in our workflow.
- We do have a specific forum for questions about Firefox OS.
- We have a specific start point for information about Firefox OS
/questions/new > /questions/new/firefox-os
- When asking questions using the dropdown
Дополнительные сведения о системе
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:28.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/28.0
John99, what do you think of pointing them to the documentation on how to do this in the Mozilla Developer Network, they have great documentation on development.
The workflow for this is new, and there are questions about this. In the past they have been pointed to MDN or stackoverflow for more information. Where do you think we can put this in the workflow?
Its above my paygrade, but something worth discussing in one of the contribs fora. I posted here as a test. We have just deleted (or hidden) a couple of fora, and I was not sure for certain what would happen on prod without posting and trying it myself.
It requires a policy decision, but it certainly is not right at present. As usual I have initial thoughts that I do not mind airing.
- Obviously there is Development, Work In Progress, or needed, on how mobile etc is handled in these Sumo fora.
- At the moment somewhere will be supporting early adopters and experimental builds. Unfortunately probably something that is not going to be properly supported here.
- But Hey! phones are out there now.
So we should be setting it up properly & preparing to take the lead.
- Surely we will both learn and gain from the early adopters.
- Shouldn't we try to build that community right here.
Not have the specialists set up & build communities on other sites.
- We need to look to the future.
Desktop will go the way of Thunderbird.
I have other questions and comments also about for instance Webmaker and Thunderbird. To be honest it all looks rather a mess at the moment to me, but exciting times lie ahead.
Lets not make the mistake we (IMHO) made with Desktop, by concentrating only in supporting & documenting Release. We get costly chemspills on near enough every Release. Costs in terms of Resources, loss of faith & market share. Had we built thriving Aurora communities we would probably avoid many problems and Chemspills, and at the same time be able to onboard many of the, more technically aware, users as contributors.
Going back 2 or so years ago to the IA study I thought search was to integrate other document sources including MDN, it never happened, and the current search has major shortcomings. Maybe changes will happen as the Content Management staff has just doubled.