Pinned Tabs disappear
I am using Win XP and Mac OS The Pinned Tabs disappear - I don't understand when they do So I have to redo them manually once in a day or two
Is there a simple solution ?
Дополнительные сведения о системе
- Provides information about the default web browser
- Version 18.104.22.16810
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.29
- Net iD Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 11.8 r800
- Nexus Plugin, providing authentication and signing features
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.9; rv:25.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/25.0
App (pinned) tabs and Tab Groups (Panorama) are stored as part of the session data in the sessionstore.js file in the Firefox profile folder.
You can check for problems with the sessionstore.js and sessionstore.bak files in the Firefox profile folder that store session data.
Delete the sessionstore.js file and possible sessionstore-##.js files with a number and sessionstore.bak in the Firefox profile folder.
- Help > Troubleshooting Information > Profile Directory: Show Folder (Linux: Open Directory; Mac: Show in Finder)
Deleting sessionstore.js will cause App Tabs and Tab Groups and open and closed (undo) tabs to get lost and you will have to recreate them (make a note or bookmark them if possible).
Also make sure that in case you are using "Clear history when Firefox closes":
- do not clear the Browsing History
- Firefox > Preferences > Privacy > Firefox will: "Use custom settings for history": [X] "Clear history when Firefox closes" > Settings
Note that clearing "Site Preferences" clears all exceptions for cookies, images, pop-up windows, software installation, and passwords.
Sounds complicated - but I have done your suggestions. I am still losing the pinned tabs on closing Firefox FF asks if I want to close all tabs. By saying yes all tabs, including pinned tabs disappear Sometimes I need to force quit FF. The pinned tabs disappear again
As for Win XP: I could not find any .js files in XP The folder name is rmp50gtk.default under Firefox- Profiles folders.
The s c "preferences" are found under Tools Options General. It is set to: Show my windows and tabs from last time
It works for while but soon the pinned tabs are lost. It is quite a useless task to rebuild thos icons each time. Is there a bookmark for multiple tabs ?
Pinned tabs cannot be saved neither on a Mac or Windows based Firefox That is my experience. Anybody suggesting something better ?
You have to make sure to keep the history and not to use "Clear history when Firefox closes" to clear the browsing history because you loose pinned tabs that way.
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Firefox will: "Use custom settings for history": [X] "Clear history when Firefox closes" > Settings
- App Tab Initializer: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/app-tab-initializer/
My setting on Mac is: Firefox - Preferences - Privacy: Firefox: "Will remember history" But the pinned tabs will not be saved when I close Firefox
Are you using "Clear history when Firefox closes"?
Are you closing open Firefox windows or are you closing Firefox (Firefox > Quit) while browser windows are still open?
If you close browser windows then the Firefox application is still running.
Quit FF - I know no other way to close FF.
FF 28.0 is doing the exact same thing to me on Win 8.1. Pinned tabs vanish every 2-3 days. Have Privacy on "Remember History."
Seems like having to not clear history in order to use Pinned tabs is a conflict with those of use that are concerned about security. Can this restriction be removed with the understanding that pinned tabs will violate the clearing of the history for the pinned sites?