how to retrieve deleted firefox history
I recently deleted a day's worth of history which I really need to get back. I tried downloading index.dat viewer, but that did not bring anything up. I have searched and searched the internet, but can not find an answer, although I do read everywhere it is not permanently deleted.
Дополнительные сведения о системе
- Shockwave Flash 11.9 r900
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; rv:24.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/24.0
In Firefox it is permanently deleted when you delete the history. The index.dat file is used by IE and not by Firefox. Firefox uses a SQLite database file named places.sqlite to store the history and the bookmarks. You would need to restore an older copy of this places.sqlite file to recover the deleted history.
You can try to restore a previous version of the places.sqlite file if there is one with a promising date/time stamp.
Make sure to first backup the bookmarks because those will be restored as well.
- Right-click: Properties > Previous Versions